How to Deal with Consumer Issues

Help! This Company is Screwing Me Over! What Can I Do?

It’s a fact of life in our society: consumers get ripped off all the time. There’s generally no quick and easy solution, but there are some new resources that make it much easier to get your money back (or even more).

Get the basics on Exercising Your Rights and Resolving Disputes.

1. FairShake

FairShake can get your money back from some big companies, and it is completely FREE to file a claim with them. You would ONLY be charged in you WIN. Sounds like a win-win!

They process legal claims against companies such as phone companies, ISPs, banks, rideshare/homeshare companies, and payment services. Here is the full list of companies they deal with:

  • Altice Mobile
  • American Express
  • American Home Shield
  • AT&T
  • Brinks Home Security
  • CenturyLink
  • Comcast
  • Cox
  • Credit One Bank
  • Cricket Wireless
  • DirecTV
  • DISH Network
  • Expedia
  • Frontier Communications
  • HomeAway
  • Hotwire
  • JPMorgan Chase (Chase Bank)
  • Metro by T-Mobile
  • Optimum
  • Orbitz
  • PayPal
  • Priceline
  • Rent-A-Center
  • Sprint
  • Suddenlink
  • T-Mobile
  • Travelocity
  • U.S. Cellular
  • Uber
  • U-Haul
  • Venmo
  • Verizon Fios
  • Verizon Wireless
  • VRBO

It’s free to file a claim through FairShake, which sends a legal notice to the company with your complaint. FairShake will also conduct legal research, generate and mail legal documents, and provide you with a personal specialist who can answer questions throughout the process.

If you submit a claim, use this referral link and Law Soup will get a small bonus if your claim is approved:

2. Submit Settlement Claims

If there is already a class action lawsuit against the company, see if you can file a claim as part of the settlement.

Here are a few websites which list settlements that you may be eligible for:

3. Get a Lawyer

If a large amount of money is at stake (at least $10K), it may be worth it to talk to a lawyer. Especially with higher amounts, you may able to get a lawyer to take the case “on contingency,” meaning that they would not charge anything upfront, but would only take a percentage of whatever you win.

See more about Getting Legal Help.

Share the Legal Info With Your Friends: