Claims Against Verizon
How Do I File a Claim Against Verizon?
Verizon, the largest cell phone service provider company in the U.S., can be a pain to deal with when things go wrong. Many customers have had problems with them, such as:
- low service quality
- bogus fees and charges
- trouble cancelling
- lies from sales staff
- false advertising and marketing
- collections and credit reporting issues
- not getting deals or sign-on bonuses promised in marketing campaigns
You may spend hours on the phone with Verizon customer service, and still not get anywhere. It can make you “suing mad.” Fortunately, you don’t need to get a lawyer and file a lawsuit to get justice. We partner with FairShake, which makes it super easy to file a legal claim against Verizon and other companies.
How does FairShake work?
FairShake takes on big companies that mistreat people and helps people get their money back. The best part is that it’s FREE to file a claim! FairShake handles everything, from legal research, document generation, to mailing your legal notice to the company. And they even provide a personal specialist who can answer questions throughout the process.
Every month, over 500 people get money back by filing a claim with FairShake. Your settlement amount could be worth several hundred dollars or more, depending on your situation.
How can I have the best chance of success?
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your FairShake claim:
- Provide relevant details on what Verizon did (or didn’t do)
- Specify a monetary harm – how much money did they cost you?
- Make sure to provide accurate contact information, and be sure to click the verification link sent to your email after you submit the claim (check your Spam folder!)
If you would like to file a claim against Verizon, use our link to get started with FairShake.1Law Soup Media may receive compensation from FairShake if you use our link. Thank you for helping support our mission! After you do that, let us know how much money you get paid out. We would love to hear any feedback on the process. Good luck!